- Signed by all contributors
- Previous publication / presentations mentioned
- Source of funding mentioned
- Conflicts of interest disclosed
- Last name and given name provided along with Middle name initials (where applicable)
- Author for correspondence, with e-mail address provided
- Number of contributors restricted as per the instructions
- Identity not revealed in paper except title page (e.g. name of the institute in Methods, citing previous study as 'our study', names on figure labels, name of institute in photographs, etc.)
- Double spacing.
- Margins 2.5 cm from all four sides.
- Page numbers included at bottom.
- Title page contains all the desired information.
- Running title provided (not more than 50 characters).
- Abstract page contains the full title of the manuscript.
- Abstract provided (structured abstract of 250 words for original articles, unstructured abstracts of about 150 words for all other manuscripts excluding letters to the Editor).
- Key words provided (three or more).
- Introduction of 75-100 words.
- Headings in title case (not ALL CAPITALS).
- The references cited in the text should be after punctuation marks, in superscript with square bracket.
- References according to the journal's instructions, punctuation marks checked.
- Send the article file without ‘Track Changes’.
- Uniformly American English.
- Write the full term for each abbreviation at its first use in the title, abstract, keywords and text separately unless it is a standard unit of measure. Numerals from 1 to 10 spelt out.
- Numerals at the beginning of the sentence spelt out
- Check the manuscript for spelling, grammar and punctuation errors.
- If a brand name is cited, supply the manufacturer's name and address (city and state/country).
- Species names should be in italics.
Tables and Figures
- No repetition of data in tables and graphs and in text.
- Actual numbers from which graphs drawn, provided.
- Figures necessary and of good quality (colour).
- Table and figure numbers in Arabic letters (not Roman).
- Labels pasted on back of the photographs (no names written).
- Figure legends provided (not more than 40 words).
- Patients' privacy maintained (if not permission taken).
- Credit note for borrowed figures/tables provided.
- Write the full term for each abbreviation used in the table as a footnote.